Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 45

In the past week, I have mainly been focused on workplace adventures. Or as most would call it, work. With a few colleagues, I visited the BP Energy Center, where the First Alaskan Institute was organizing a summer internship program. With a group of around 30 interns, we discussed the relationship between being a good citizen and a good leader on the state, national, and tribal level. This included resource and public service responsibility.

Most of my work this week has been towards the Arctic Energy Network (AEN). The proposal is almost done, and I have now chosen groups to contact as initial members. I am also concurrently updating ION's contact database, which includes a lot of information compilation. This requires me to do a lot of things with excel that I did not know I did not know. My PowerPoint skills have always been good, but are also getting a good workout.

My research on Renewable Energy Fund has now entered the stage of surveying, calling, and reaching contacts in company database. The main things to consider when reaching out to contacts is reaching representatives of all levels of the energy sector. This includes the private, industrial sector, governmental institutions- on both a local and national level, academic institutions, tribal/native institutions, and international organizations that manage and set energy standards. Feedback from these different categories would be reflective of how funding is distributed when it comes to energy grants.

Tomorrow night, I am going with a few of my coworkers, and Ali, to see the final installment of Harry Potter. I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment